Norwich Terrier Club Championship Show
held at Roade Village Hall, on Sunday, 21st. November 2010
Judge: Mrs. Eileen Needham (Titanium)
Best in Show, Corkhill’s Redash Clementine
Reserve Best in Show & Best Puppy in Show, Crawley’s Ragus Cornish Kiss
Best Opposite Sex in Show, Stevenson’s Brickin Top Of The Morning
Best Veteran in Show, Brown’s Ch. Queslade She Devil
pictures by Pete Hulance
Minor Puppy Dog (8,1):
1. Dent’s Ragus Cornish Caper at Fizzella, D, 17/03/10, Br: L Crawley (Ch Ragus Star Wizard for Janski – Belleville Cornish Cream), quite pleasing overall, good head proportions, well made in body, good bone & substance, balanced & in good jacket, went well.
2. Stevenson’s Brickin Just The Tonic, D, 23/04/10, Br: Exh, (Ragus Hey Good Lookin for Brickin – Brickin Red Dawn), red, bigger dog which needs to sort out his growth yet, quite good head qualities, good bone, slightly short on rib length, and a bit stilted in rear, not quite the finish of 1.
3. Bell’s Dorinor Red Coat, D, 21/04/10, Br: Exh, (Brickin Top Of The Morning – Dorinor Red Ember), very immature generally as were most in this class, just needs time for head & body to develop, good coat coming.
Res. McLaughlin’s Barwest Bakers Boy, D, 24/03/10, Br: Mrs P Barrell, (Tynallt Trouble Shooter – Barwest Barley Wine).
Puppy Dog (3,1):
1. Malone’s Alncarron Blackthorn, D, 30/03/10, Br: Exh, (Ragus Star Wizard – Redash Caraway), B/T, alone in this class, well balanced but lacking in bone, rather immature as yet, time may help here, moving a bit wide in front.
Junior Dog (2,0):
1. Crawley’s Ragus Devine Devil, D, 10/12/09, Br: Exh, (Ch/Am/Can Ch Dunbar’s Kensington Square – Ragus What The Devil), B/T in excellent coat, well made generally for age, good bone & substance, a touch short in neck, and slightly short in rib, but went well.
2.Alncarron Blackthorn, repeat.
Special Beginners Dog (2,0):
1. Dent’s Ragus Cornish Caper at Fizzella, repeat.
2. Stubbing’s Alncarron Scots Pine, D, 30/03/10, Br: Mrs R Malone, (Ragus Star Wizard for Janski – Redash Caraway), red, another which needs time generally but particularly in head, correct topline, neck & tailset, coat coming but lacks furnishings as yet.
Novice Dog (No entries):
Post Graduate Dog (3,3): All absent
Limit Dog (5,1):
1. Norrey’s Fleurnor Snap Dragon, D, 07/01/09, Br: Exh, (Titanium Pretzel – Titanium Cristabel), red dog of good make & shape, pleasing head, expression, ears & eye, correct mouth, typical outline with correct balance of neck length to head & body, correct topline with good set & carriage of tail, well turned stifle, moves & stands well to show off his good points.
2. James’ Bakewood Twentyfour Carat, D, 22/09/08,Br: Exh., ( Ch Ragus Rings True – Alncarron Dawn Redwood), another pleasing red dog in general, stockier than winner but not quite so correct in conformation, stands a bit wide in front, coat a little past its best giving an uneven look to the topline, tailset & hindquarters OK, showed well.
3. Lawson’s Softpaws Red Robin, , D, 13/01/08, Br: Mrs D Smith, (Ch Glenhafod Arizona – Softpaws Dehli Delight), sorry I had no notes on this one.
Res. Higgitt’s Redash Clock This, D, 12/09/08, Br: Mrs R Corkhill, (Ch Ragus Rings True – Redash Tide Clock ).
Open Dog (4,1):
1. Stevenson’s Brickin Top Of The Morning, D, 06/04/08, Br: Exh, (Ragus Hey Good Lookin for Brickin – Brickin Red Dawn), this was rather a tricky class to judge with dogs each having many good attributes & differences in type yet all conforming to the Standard. Perhaps it should always be so if the breed is progressing on the right lines, providing different genetic types to fall back on if required. Any one of these could have been first in other circumstances. Winner, mature, balanced, red dog, pleasing outline overall, well made in body with correct length of leg, good topline & tailset, nearly threw his chances away showing little animation except when he moved & came to life. CC , his 3 rd .
2. Norrey’s Fleurnor Red Hot Poker, D, 26/01/08, Br: Exh, (Am Ch Castle-Bar Export (imp USA) – Titanium Cristabel), quite a different type to winner but much to like about him, good to go over, shown in good harsh red jacket, well balanced with outgoing temperament, needs a bit more time to settle down & concentrate on what it’s all about, can’t be long before he troubles the best. RCC.
3. Birch & Shipley’s Barwest Barnaby Bill at Kibkiln, D, 01/01/09, Br: Mrs P S Barrell, (Tynallt Trouble Shooter – Barwest Barley Wine), another red who should continue to do well as he has the basics necessary, maturity should put the finishing touches on him hopefully.
Veteran Dog (No entries):
Minor Puppy Bitch (7,1):
1. Crawley’s Ragus Piccadilly, B, 24/03/10, Br: Exh, (Ch/Am/Can Ch Dunbar’s Kensington Square – Superstition at Ragus), this B/T headed a very interesting class of puppies at every stage of early development, well developed overall, correct outline, pleasing in head, eye & neck, front & shoulder reflected angulation in rear, shown in harsh coat, animated in temperament.
2. Baines’ Jillymack Don’t Call Me Madam, B, 02/05/10, Br: Exh, (Dunbars Kensington Square – Jillymack’s Little Madam), another B/T, very similar to 3, in good jacket, good body & bone, pleased with head & attractive feminine expression. Correct in shoulder & upperam, showed well with animation.
3. Corkhill’s Jillymack Madam Butterfly, B, 02/05/10, Br: G Baines, (Ch/Am/Can Ch Dunbar Kensington Square – Jillymack’s Little Madam), yet another B/T, well developed body with substance, a bit longer cast than 2, went quite well.
Res. Stevenson’s Brickin Tickled Pink, B, 23/04/10, Br: Exh, (Ragus Hey Good Lookin for Brickin – Brickin Red Dawn).
Puppy Bitch (5,0):
1. Martin’s Kirmir Little Mischief, B, 08/01/10, Br: Exh, (Ch Titanium Columbus – Baktwins Follow That Dream), red at the smaller end of the scale, well proportioned all through, pleasing head with typical expression, in correct harsh coat, well balanced with enough substance for size, moved & showed very well.
2. Crawley & Baldwin’s Ragus Mayfair, B, 24/03/10, Br: Mrs L Crawley, (Ch/Am/Can Ch Dunbar’s Kensington Square – Superstition at Ragus), B/T, good to go over on the table, but did not do herself justice on the floor in the final line-up, liked her overall, and she could grow on to do more if she pulls herself together.
3. Kell’s Amicaro Gin Fizz, B, 13/12/09, Br: Exh, (Ch/Am/Can Ch Dunbar’s Kensington Square – Ragus Truly Madly), red bitch at the bigger end of the scale, attractive head & expression, shown in very good nick, has not really come together yet, but showing promise .
Res. Stevenson’s Brickin Go Flo Go, B, 23/04/10, Br: Exh, (Ragus Hey Good Lookin for Brickin – Brickin Red Dawn).
Junior Bitch (6,1):
1. Crawley’s Ragus Cornish Kiss, B, 17/03/10, Br: Exh, (Ch Ragus Star Wizard for Janski – Belleville Cornish Cream), eye-catching B/T, outstanding in this class for conformation & balance, well made with enough substance, pleasing head qualities, lovely front, shoulder, neck, well proportioned body, good tailset & hind angulation, lovely feet, moved & showed well to take RCC, RBIS & BP.
2. Smith & Crawley’s Ragus Cool Jazz, B, 06/09/09, Br: Mrs L Crawley, (Nepomuk Von Den Zwei Eichen at Saltarello – Crazy Rhythm at Ragus), B/T, unfortunate to meet winner but shown in full coat giving her an uneven look to the topline, would have preferred better shoulder & neck construction, but overall picture attractive & typy.
3. Malone’s Alncarron Stone Pine, B, 30/03/10, Br: Exh, (Ragus Star Wizard – Redash Caraway), quite nice in head with attractive typical expression, good topline, but lacked the style & finish of those above.
Res. Bell’s Dorinor Maid of Honour, B, 11/09/09, Br: Exh, (Ch/Am/Can Ch Dunbar’s Kensington Square (imp USA) – Dorinor Reddy Maid).
Special Beginners Bitch (3,0):
1. Dent’s Amicaro Kiss On The Hand at Fizzella, B, 22/07/08, Br: P Kell, (Ragus Ovation – Ragus Girls Best Friend), B/T, handled by a very capable 6 year old little lady, nicely balanced bitch with a very happy temperament, well constructed, good for head, well proportioned & balanced in body construction, moved & showed well.
2. Hart’s Ragus Sweet Valentine for Honismart, B, 14/02/09, Br: Mrs L Crawley, (Ragus Sweet Talkin Guy – Superstition at Ragus), red bitch, quite pleasing overall, coat rather long & straggly, hiding some of her virtues, lovely expression in well made head, handled well on the move.
3. Harrild’s Lets Be ‘Avin You in Crivnor, B, 06/06/06, Br: Willard & Crawley, (Caterpillar vom Rittersee – Ragus Inspiration), rather overweight hiding quite good construction overall, in reasonable coat & showed well.
Novice Bitch (No entries):
Limit Bitch (6,3):
1. Watkins’ Baktwins Sunrise, B, 11/05/08, Br: Exh, (Ch Titanium Columbus – Baktwins Morning Sun), pleasing red bitch shown in profuse harsh coat, a little too much weight did detract slightly, but a very nice typy bitch on the whole, showing well.
2. Harrild’s Ragus Inspiration, B, 21/06/04, Br: L Crawley, (Ragus Fits The Bill with Rouletta – Ragus Celebration), another red bitch but not so compact in body construction as 1, well proportioned head but a round eye detracted from typical expression, short in rib which affected topline standing & on the move.
3. Kell’s Amicaro Ring-A-Roses, repeat.
Open Bitch (4,0):
1. Corkhill’s Redash Clementine, B, 09/01/09, Br: Exh, (Ragus Hey Good Lookin for Brickin – Redash Blackcurrant), a really eye catching red bitch, beautiful quality & type all through, lovely head & expression, correct length of neck for balance, well constructed front & shoulder, good forechest, tight feet, compact body but plenty of rib length, well turned stifle in good quarters, have often admired this bitch from the ringside and was not at all disappointed on going over her, moving well and showing all the time to take bitch CC ( her third ) & BIS, a pleasure to judge her.
2. Crawley’s Ragus Lookin’ Rosy, B, 09/08/09, Br: Exh, (Ch/Am/Can Ch Dunbar’s Kensington Square – Ragus Wild Rose), B/T of different type to winner, heavier throughout but short & compact in body, a touch shorter in neck than my ideal but well headed, good topline, moved & showed well,
3. Norrey’s Fleurnor Caillan Blaa, B, 26/01/08, Br: Exh, (Am Ch Castle-Bar Export (imp USA) – Titanium Cristabel), red bitch making up a trio of typical attractive bitches, such a pity they all had to meet each other in the class, scored in head, expression, neck & shoulder construction but would have preferred slightly more length of rib, went well.
Res. Martin’s Baktwins Follow That Dream, B, 10/03/07, Br: B Watkins, (Cobby’s High Stakes – Ch Ragus Summer Dream),
Veteran Bitch (2,1):
1. Brown’s Ch Queslade She Devil, B, 27/01/01, Br: Exh, (Ch Elve Stormwizard – Queslade Just Magic), what a good bitch for 10 years old, still sprightly on the move & obviously enjoyed showing, carrying a very full coat, still a very attractive bitch.
1. Harrild’s well matched pair moving well together round the ring.
2. Crawley’s brace again moving together very well but not quite such a good match for each other.
3. Norrey’s brace.
Eileen Needham (judge)