Norwich Terrier Club Championship Show
held at Roade Village Hall. Northamptonshire
on Sunday, 19th. November 2017
Judge: Di Jenkins (Kinsridge)
Special Award Classes and Junior Handling Classes
Judge: Mrs Ruth Gee (Watercroft)
I would like to thank the committee for inviting me to judge this lovely breed. Thanks also to my two very efficient stewards Gail Simpson and Ruth Gee. Overall I felt that breed type is very good, however, both front and rear movement requires improvement.
Bitch CC and Best In Show, Tate’s Ch Jaeva Maid of Honour
Dog CC and Reserve Best In Show, Crawley’s Ch Ragus Mr O O’Seven
Dog RCC, Lazenby & Crawley’s Tinkave I’m The Man
Bitch RCC, Hitchen’s Ch Kreatin Extra Sweet
BPIS, Thompson-Morgan & Chambers’ Rouletta Lady Luck
Best Veteran In Show, Armstrong & Lawrance’s Elantiz Primrose Petal ShCM
Minor Puppy Dog (2,1):
1. Vaughan’s Dorinor Hunny B’Mine, D, 05/05/17, Br: D & S Bell, (Ch Belleville Just For Effect – Jandolby’s Hunny Mix with Dorinor),Cheeky 6 month old puppy, Excellent bite, small dark eye giving keen expression. Good coat texture. A little up on the leg at the moment. Superbly handled by his young charge.
Puppy Dog (1,0):
1. Smith’s Javidel Walk in the Park, D, 09/07/16, Br: Exh, 01/02/17, Br: Exh, (Ch Ragus Hand In Glove – Ragus Walking On Sunshine), 10 month red dog puppy. A very typey youngster, in fabulous coat. Good head proportions, strong jaw, small dark eye and super ear carriage with plenty of width between. Level top line held on the move, good tail set. A little short in upper arm and needs to strengthen in his pasterns. BPD
Junior Dog (1,0):
1. Hitchen’s Ch Kreatin Extra Mile, D, 09/07/16, Br: Exh, (Ch Ragus Hand In Glove Ch Kreatin Hidden Extra ),16 month red dog. In fantastic coat and condition. Faultless presentation. Loved his head and expression, strong muzzle, good stop and width of skull. Excellent ear set. Another a little short in upper arm which led to him throwing his front at times. Excellent show man.
Novice Dog (5,1):
1. Javidel Walk in the Park, Repeat
2. Short’s Ragus This Way Up, D, 12/01/16, Br: L Crawley, (Ch Belleville Just For Effect – Ragus Coming My Way ), Strong typical male. Making a pleasing overall picture. Good head proportions with lovely dark eye. Feel his movement could be improved if he shed a few pounds.
3. Davies & Tinsley’s Morzi Life Of Brian, D, 09/11/16, Br: Exhs, (Ch Ragus Now And Forever Brickin Choc’a Moca )
Res. Parker’s Brickin Man In The Moon,D, 04/03/16, Br: J Stevenson, Ch Wychcover Moonlighting – Brickin Definitely Dollie)
Post Graduate Dog (6,1):
1. Short’s Ragus This Way Up, D, 12/01/16, Br: L Crawley, (Belleville Just For Effect – Ragus Coming My Way ),
2.Crozier’s Misma of Brook Hall, D, 20/02/15, Br: Exh, (Sativus Perpignan of Titanium – Jacquill Rock Chick) looked a little immature next to one. Pleasing head, however could be stronger in muzzle. Good coat texture, level top line with good tail set, a little short in rib.
3.Clegg & Howarth’s Ragus Talk The Talk, D, Br Crawley,18/01/16, (Amicaro Whsky Chaser – Ragus Look Who’s Talkin’ )
Reserve: Parker’s Brickin Quick Silver, D, 22/02/16, Br: J Stevenson,( Ragus Now And Forever – Brickin Glorious Morning)
Limit Dog (2,0):
1. Oddie, Nagrecha and Drew’s Ragus Scouts Honour, D, 10/08/16, Br: Mrs L Crawley, (Ch Ragus Jump The Gun – Hidden Promise for Ragus ), Another quality exhibit from this famous kennel pipped at the post today by his kennel mates who both looked more mature and together.
2. Crozier’s Sea Sky, D, 20/02/15, Br: Exh, (Sativus Perpignan of Titanium – Jacquill Rock Chick), Smart black & tan, a very happy showman. Good front construction with a level top line. Well trimmed.
Open Dog (7,0):
A difficult class to judge as both were exceptional examples of the breed.
1..Crawley’s Ch Ragus Mr O O’Seven, D, 27/07/16, Br: Exh, (Ch Ragus Hand In Glove Ragus Beautiful Spy ),Ch Ragus Mr O O Seven Superb type, well balanced and cobby. Superb coat and condition. Such a typical expression, lovely dark eye and keen expression. Broad muzzle, good bite with large teeth. Correct length of neck, short coupled with good spring of rib. (CC) Showed well in class but was out shown by bitch in challenge for BIS
2. Lazenby & Crawley’s Tinkave I’m The Man, D, 14/06/16, Br: Mrs J Lazenby, (Ch Ragus Hand In Glove – Tinkave Diamond Girl ), Very similar to one and really all the same comments apply. Sadly his coat was not as well presented as one today but certain his day will come. RCC
3. Thompson-Morgan’s Ch Belleville Just For Effect, D, 16/12/14, Br: Exh, (Ch Wychcover Moonlighting (imp Ndl) – Ch Belleville’s Coconut Effect ),
Reserve: Kell’s Ragus All Guns Firing for Amicaro, D, 07/07/15, Br: Mrs L Crawley. (Amicaro Whisky Chaser – Ragus All Good Things).
Special Beginners Dog (4,1):
1.. Hayes’ Ragus Fabulous Clown ShCM, D, 26/05/14, Br: Mrs L Crawley, (Ch Ragus Talk Of The Devil – Hidden Smile), Typical head and expression, good eye and ear set. A little high on the leg and longer in the back than I would like. But a lot to like about him.
2. Davies & Tinsley’s Morzi Life Of Brian, D, 09/11/16, Br: Exhs, (Ch Ragus Now And Forever Brickin Choc’a Moca ), More compact than one, but not as sound on the move. Has lovely bone and feet. Good coat.
3. Webster’s Belleville Striking Effect, D, 24/06/16, Br: Mrs C Thompson-Morgan, (Ch Wychover Moonlighting – Belleville Coconut Effect)
Veteran Dog (1,0):
1.Barge & Hardwick’s Baktwins Sun Seeker, D, 11/05/08, Br: Mrs B Watkins, (Ch Titanium Columbus ShCM- Baktwins Morning Sun ), A happy black & tan enjoying his day. Harsh coat, good head and expression. Smart althrough.
Minor Puppy Bitch (4,0):
1. Thompson-Morgan’s Roulette Lady Luck, 16/05/17, B, Br: Chambers, (Ch Ragus Jump The Gun – Ch Luck Be A Lady), although a real baby something about her really caught my eye, she is a lovely size and has a super head and expression, with that extra something that makes you take a 2nd look. Excellent mouth and put up a good performance. BPIS.
2. Stevenson’s Brickin Easter Bonnet, B, 16/04/17, Br: Exh, (Brickin Quick And Quirky Ragus Miss Sunshine), Different type to 1. A little less together at the moment but sure that could change. Pleasing head and expression another one with an excellent mouth and teeth.
3. Kell’s Amicaro Light Up The Sky, B, 31/03/17, Br: Exh, (Ragus All Guns Firing for Amicaro – Amicaro Aurora Borealis),
Res. Page’s Twigg Tanqueray Winflash, B, 13/04/17, Br: Mrs A Gribbon, (Ragus Morning Herald – Gemini Toffee)
Puppy Bitch (3,0):
1. Phillips’ Jaeva Vantage Point, B, 19/01/17, Br: Exh, (Ch Ragus Jump The GunJaeva Merry Go Round, A quality bitch with a fantastic coat, excellent head proportions really loved her cheeky expression Once she got in her stride she moved positively with drive.
2. Webster’s Ragus Now For Fun, B, 17/01/17, Br: Mrs L Crawley, (Ch Wychover Moonlighting – Ragus Now You’re Talking), Well balanced B &T. Not the head of 1. but has lovely breed type. I think with more practice she could be a real contender.
3. Stevenson’s Brickin Wishful Thinking, B, 16/02/17, Br: Exh, (Brickin Quick And Quirky – Brickin Miss Money Penny)
Junior Bitch (4,0):
1. Hitchen & Lumpkin’s Ch Kreatin Extra Sweet, B, 09/07/16, Br: C Hitchen, (Ch Ragus Hand In Glove – Ch Kreatin Hidden Extra), This young lady was absolutely full of herself she looked a picture standing but her enthusiasm for life did not show her movement to it’s best advantage particularly in the challenge. A sturdy well balanced bitch who has already proved herself in the show ring. excellent mouth. RCC
2. Batey’s Ragus Burning Question, B, 19/07/16, Br: L Crawley, (High Hopes with Ragus – Ch Ragus Look Whose Talkin’ ), similar type to 1 but not so well turned out. Pleasing head and expression, excellent mouth good ear set. Cobby, body with good tail set moved ok.
3. Crawley’s Ragus On My Word, B, 10/08/16, Br: Exh, (Ch Ragus Jump The Gun Hidden Promise for Ragus)
Res. Page’s Nora Elysian Winflash, B, 11/10/16, Br: Mrs C Green, (Sativus Perpignan of Titanium – Tiggy Of Norfolk)
Novice Bitch (2,1):
1. Batey’s Ragus Roly Poly Pudding, B, 19/10/16, Br: L Crawley, (Brickin Hot of The Press – Ragus Miss Potter), Stood alone in this class, neat black & tan of good breed type. Could be stronger in fore face. Good body coat but furnishings a little soft. Showed well.
Post Graduate Bitch (1,0):
1.Davies & Tinsley’s Brickin Choc’a Moca, B, 14/08/14, Br: J Stevenson, (Ch/AmCh.Ascot Sanspur at Yarrow – Ragus Coming Up Next at Brickin ), Good breed type but rather unsound she is upright in he shoulder and has very little rear angulation. Has a fabulous harsh coat and lovely dark pigment. Pleasing head and expression.
Limit Bitch (3,1):
1. Stevenson’s Brickin Miss Unruly, B, 15/09/15, Br: Exh, (Ch Ragus Hand In Glove Ragus Miss Sunshine), Her names suits her perfectly she was absolutely full of beans. She is lovely breed type with a wicked expression, short backed and low to the ground she bounded around the ring lovely to see. Sadly she was a little short of coat today and a little over weight but am sure her day will come.
2. Martin’s Tinkave Brown Eyed Girl at Kirmir, B, 14/09/14, Br: J Lazenby, (Ch/AM Ch Ascot Sanspur at Yarrow – Tinkave Diamond Girl ) A steady showgirl who would benefit from more angulation front and rear. Another with a good head and typical Norwich expression.
Open Bitch (2,0):
1. Tate’s Ch Jaeva Maid Of Honour, B, 24/08/14, Br: M Phillips, (Ch Ragus Kiss In The Dark – Nurajay Sugar And Spice at Jaeva ). What a little star this bitch is. She has a wicked look in her eye that really made me smile. For me she oozes type being short, cobby and low to the ground. A level top line and her tail on top completed the picture. She stormed around the ring and never stopped showing. Delighted to make & to give her CC & BIS
2. Armstrong & Lawrance’s Elantiz Mockingjay, B, 30/06/15, Br: Exh, (Ch Ragus Cool For Cats – Ragus Artful Amber ), Super show girl in great form. Another very typical Norwich bitch with a super head piece. Also low to the ground and full of enthusiasm. Has a super harsh coat and is well trimmed never stopped showing.
Special Beginners Bitch (1,1):
Veteran Bitch (5,0):
1st and 2nd were litter sisters, at 7 years old they could easily give some of the younger exhibits here today a run for their money.
1. Armsrong & Lawrance’s Elantiz Primrose Petal ShCM, B, 14/10/10, Br: Exh, (Ch Belleville Crème Brulee – Amicaro Really Rose at Elantiz), just pipped her sister at the post today. In excellent coat and condition full of enthusiasm. good breed type being short and low to the ground. Has a full mouth and excellent bites. BVIN
2..Armsrong & Lawrance’s Elantiz Rambling Rosie ShCM, B, 14/10/10, Br: Exh, Ch Belleville Crème Brulee – Amicaro Really Rose at Elantiz, the same applies as above to this lovely girl but felt her sister had the edge on movement.
Special Award Classes
Judge: Mrs. Ruth Gee (Watercroft)
I would like to thank the Norwich committee for inviting me to judge their Special Award Classes and then the exhibitors for entering their lovely Norwich dogs.
Special Award Class Open Dog (3,0):
1. Lazenby& Crawley’s Tinkave I’m The Man quality dog of lovely type so well balanced with a keen expression, dark eye neat ears, plenty of width between them, he has an excellent mouth with big white teeth. Good length of neck well sprung ribs short and cobby, super bone and well padded feet, well set on tail moved and showed exceptionally well he was in quite a heavy coat today which didn’t suit him, makes him look bigger than he is.
2. Smith’s Javidel Walk In The Park very typy young man who has a bright future. Good head super dark eye with the correct expression good mouth with big teeth strong muzzle. Nice length of neck short cobby body held his topline on the move well sprung ribs, a little loose in front today but will tighten up with age, wagged his good tail all the time showed well happy puppy.
3. Hayes’ Ragus Fabulous Clown
Special Award Class Open Bitch (2,0):
1. Stevenson’s Brickin Wishful Thinking, Quality typy puppy of just 9 months. Pretty head with a dark eye neat ears which she used well, excellent mouth with the biggest of teeth. Well bodied puppy who was well balanced enough bone with nicely padded feet. Very happy young lady who moved with purpose, not quite in coat today.
2. Ch Redash Clementine what a little star she is, 8½ years old, great type showed her socks off lovely strong head with a dark expressive eye, good length of neck well sprung ribs good bone well set tail clearly enjoying her day out moving well, in very heavy coat.
Winner: Special Award Classes
Lazenby& Crawley’s Tinkave I’m The Man
Junior Handling Classes
Judge: Mrs. Ruth Gee (Watercroft)
Junior Handling 6-11 years (1,0):
1 . Cristabel Vaughan. Very nice young handler who for her first attempt at Junior Handling showed she could follow instructions and control her young puppy who was very attentive and responsive to everything asked of him, the more they went around the ring the better they got. I was pleased to watch them later in the show putting into practice what she had learned, well done Cristabel.