Norwich Terrier Club Open Show
Sunday, 22nd. April 2012
at Roade Village Hall, Northants.
Judge: Mr. David Winsley (Davmar)
My thanks to the Committee for the invitation to judge at this friendly show and to the exhibitors for their entries. Though not a large entry it was full of quality. Thanks also to my efficient steward Gail.
Generally I found the breed to be in a healthy position, size was fairly even and there were no health concerns from my point of view. Movement was good, mouths have improved, my only concern were that quite a number of dogs were getting a little long in loin. Temperaments were 100%.
Best in Show, Brown’s Ragus The Devil Can Wait for Lastarean
Reserve Best in Show, Hitchen’s Ragus Devil In The Detail for Kreatin
Best Opposite Sex in Show, Crawley & Jones’ Ragus Artful Amber
Best Puppy in Show, Crawley’s Sheltrice All That Jazz
Minor Puppy Dog (2,0) :
1. Crawley’s Sheltrice All That Jazz, 28/08/11, Br: Mrs P Wilson, (Ch Ragus Jazz King – Sheltrice Starlight), Red baby with a lovely head, well developed stop & nicely filled muzzle. Nice dark eyes well placed & ears well set. Good neck which fitted in to well placed shoulders, straight front. Short cobby body, ribs well sprung & short loin. Well developed hindquarters for his age, correct tail set. In correct coat & condition, moving & showing well for one so young. Best puppy.
2. Needham’s Sativus Perpignan, 16/09/11. Br: Mr G Sandy, (Ch Titanium Columbus ShCM – Wickworth Lady Ivy), I liked this boy’s head & expression. Good overall shape, short body & good depth of ribs. Very nice turn of stifle, tail set on well & carried correctly. In nice coat & moved steadily for a baby. Has time on his side.
Puppy Dog (1,1): Abs.
Junior Dog (No Entries):
Special Beginners Dog (No Entries):
Novice Dog (No Entries):
Post Graduate Dog (2,1):
1. Brown’s Ragus The Devil Can Wait for Lastarean, 08/01/11, Br: L Crawley, (Demerlay American Boy – Ragus What The Devil), Black/Tan, even though he was alone this boy stood out for his quality. He is all male, really nice shape & balance. Good head proportions, nice dark eye, good stop & well set ears. He has that ‘certain’ expression! Good neck which flowed into his well placed shoulders & level topline. Straight front, short cobby body & well angulated muscular hindquarters. Was shown in a good quality coat & top condition, moved with a fluent action both ways. Showed all out to win BIS.
Limit Dog (2,2): Abs.
Open Dog (2,1):
1. Hitchen’s Ragus Devil In The Detail for Kreatin, 08/01/11, Br: Mrs L Crawley, (Demerlay American Boy – Ragus What The Devil), red litter brother to BIS winner. Another with obvious quality, pleasing expressive head, good width to his skull, well placed ears & dark eyes. Good neck & shoulders, straight front with nice tight feet. Short backed, level topline & good turn of stifle with a short hock. Correct tailset, moved away soundly but tended to pull over to his handler coming towards me, so paid the penalty. RBest Dog.
Veteran Dog (2,2): Abs.
Minor Puppy Bitch (4,0):
1. Crawley’s Ragus Mayfair Morning, 09/09/11, Br: Exh, (Ch Brickin Ready To Rumble at Ragus – Ch Ragus Mayfair). Red baby with a lovely head & expression for her age. Nice dark expressive eyes with neat well placed ears. Good in neck & clean in shoulder, beautiful straight front. Nice body shape with good ribbing & short coupled. Good hindquarters which she knows how to use when she concentrates. Sound mover & her pads were easily visable when she moved. Shown in lovely coat & condition.
2. Corkhill’s Redash Bitter Orange, 14/08/11, Br: Exh, (Nepomuk von den Zwei Eichen at Saltarello – Ch Redash Clementine). She has a pleasing head, nice overall shape & good balance. In nice coat, needs to get more furnishings which will finish the picture. Moved quite well.
3. Glamour Puss for Ragus, 26/08/11, Br: Mrs S Williams, (Ragus Hey Good Lookin for Brickin – Greditch Tiger Moth). Immature against the two above her. Has a promising head & short backed. Moved steadily & coat good.
Res. Wilson’s Sheltrice Razzle Dazzle, 28/08/11, Br: Exh, (Ch Ragus Jazz King Sheltrice Starlight)
Puppy Bitch (2,0):
1. Crawley’s Ragus On My Honour, 02/08/11, Br: Exh, (Ch Ragus Devine Devil Cobby’s Honoria). Black/Tan of lovely breed type. Keen expressive head, good neck & shoulders with straight front. Short cobby body, good ribbing & bone. Tail well set, in lovely coat of correct textutre. When she moves she is sound both ways, a little apprehensive on the move but when she gets over that will be an exciting puppy to show. BOS Puppy
2. Corkhill’s Redash Tangerine Dream, 14/08/11, Br: Exh, (Nepomuk von den Zwei Eichen at Saltarello – Ch Redash Clementine). Red with a promising head & expression. Not the balance of 1 being longer cast. Well made quarters which she used well, in tight coat.
Junior Bitch: (3,1):
1. Haynes’ Baktwins Amber Diamond, 31/01/11, Br: Mrs BA Watkins, (Ch Titanium Columbus – Ragus Pure Diamond). Red girl unfortunately in her underclothes! Has a pleasing head & expression. Good neck, level topline & correct tail set. Good forechest & straight front. Has lots of animation, moved well with lots of drive.
2. Brown’s Lastarean Sign Of The Kymes, 15/03/11, Br.Exh, (Brown Ben Wills Choice – Brenin Sweet Possession). Black/Tan with a promising head, good front. Needs to firm up in body, moved fairly well. In a decent coat & showed quite well.
Special Beginners Bitch (2,1):
1. Baktwins Amber Diamond (Repeat).
Novice Bitch (1,1): Abs.
Post Graduate Bitch (1.0):
1. Brown’s Lastarean Kyme For Home, 15/03/11, Br: Exh, (Brown Ben Wills Choice – Brenin Sweet Possession). Black/Tan, head a little immature. Good muzzle, nice dark eye and a feminine outlook. Straight front, good depth of body & well ribbed. Good turn of stifle, short hocks. Looks a bit short of neck, level topline with correct tailset. Shown in good coat, she is a happy & sound mover.
Limit Bitch (9,2):
1. Crawley & Jones’ Ragus Artful Amber, 15/02/11, Br: Mrs L Crawley, (Ch Brickin Ready To Rumble at Ragus – Ch Ragus Forever Amber ), Red of ideal size, good breed type. I liked her head shape, good expression with a nice dark eye & well placed ears. Clean neck & shoulders, straight in front with good feet. Short backed with very good depth & spring of rib, short coupled & level topline. Strongly made hindquarters, tail well set on & carried correctly. Sound driving movement, in first class coat & condition as one expects from this exhibitor. Best Bitch & BOS
2. Smith & Hurrion’s Ragus Take The Biscuit. 21/03/11, Br: Mrs L Crawley, (Ch Brickin Ready To Rumble at Ragus – Ragus Cornish Wafer). Red with a very pleasing head & expression, well placed ears. I would just like her a touch shorter in leg for better balance. Has a good straight front, well made body & strong hindquarters. Tail set well, animated show girl. Coat a little past its best at the sides. Showed very well & moved with plenty of drive. RB Bitch
3. Needham’s Titanium Pop Goes The Weasel. 06/11/08, Br: Exh, (Ch Titanium Columbus ShCM – Titanium Pawfect Angel ). No disgrace being in this place, another quality girl who has a true Norwich head & expression. Well made body & moves well both ways. Showed well.
Res. Stevenson’s Ragus Coming Up Next at Brickin. 19/12/10, Br: Mrs L Crawley, (Ch Brickin Ready To Rumble at Ragus – Ragus Coming Up Roses),
Open Bitch (2,0):
1. Hitchen’s Ragus Hidden Amber, 12/12/09, Br: L Crawley, (Ch Brickin Top Of The Morning – Ch Ragus Forever Amber). Red girl of nice size, short backed & balanced shape. Nice expressive head, dark eye & well placed ears. Good in neck & shoulder, short backed well ribbed body. Straight front, pleasing hindquarters & correct tail set. In good coat & condition, moved and showed quite well.
2. Corkhill’s Ch Redash Clementine, 09/01/09, Br: Exh, (Ragus Hey Good Lookin for Brickin – Redash Blackcurrant). Red, a little bigger than 1. Good head & neck, good depth of body, taller on the leg. Well placed tail, coat not at its best & moved well.
Veteran Bitch (No Entries):
1. Brown’s matching pair of Black/Tan’s. Nice heads. Very similar in size & type. Coats much the same. Moved well together.
2. Corkhill’s reds that matched in heads, not quite the same matching in body shape. Both moved in unison.
Judge: David Winsley