Norwich Terrier Club Open Show,
22nd. March 2009
held at Roade Village Hall, Northamptonshire
Judge: Mrs. Yvonne Barendregt-Willis (Wybar)
It was a pleasure and a privilege to be able to literally get my hands on so many good looking Norwich Terriers. Having visited club shows on and off for the last 15 years or so I noticed a definite improvement in quality across the board. Just a few looked promising on the ground but disappointed on the table due to either lack of bone, substance or true depth of chest. It was also encouraging to note that next to no Norwich showed any signs of ‘breathless excitement’ in the ring even though it was quite warm due to the lovely spring sunshine on the windows. On the whole I found the bitches stronger than the dogs but was pleased with mouths, eyes, ears and tails in the majority of the total entry.
Best in Show & Best Bitch
Belleville Coconut Cream
Reserve Best in Show & Res. Best Bitch
Titanium Paint Your Wagon
Best Dog in Show
Glenhafod Red Dragon
Res. Best Dog in Show
Rouletta The Diamond Geezer
Best Puppy in Show
Brickin Pretty In Pink
Elve Forest Witch
Minor Puppy Dog (5,0):
1. Bell’s Dorinor Holy Smoke, D, (21/09/08, Br: Exh, Dorinor Red Alert – Dorinor Dizzy Lizzy), Just 6 months and still very much a baby as to size but excellently constructed. Great expression, good dark eye and well placed ears. Showed plenty of temperament but this didn’t prevent him from moving and showing well. Hope he does some more growing for his future career.
2. Thompson-Morgan’s Belleville Crème Brulee, D, (15/09/08, Br: Exh, Ragus Diamond Thief – Ch Ragus Truly Cream at Belleville).Lovely dog correct in head and body. Excellent coat and presentation. Also 6 months but already of pleasing size and substance. Was full of the joys of spring and would not show his movement adequately.
3. James’ Bakewood Twentyfour Carat, D, (22/09/08, Br: Exh, Ch Ragus Rings True – Alncarron Dawn Redwood).
Res. Higgitt’s Redash Clock This, D, (12/09/08, Br: Mrs R Corkhill, Ch Ragus Rings True – Redash Tide Clock).
Puppy Dog (3,0):
1. Stevenson’s Brickin Top Of The Morning, D, (06/04/08, Br: Exh, Ragus Hey Good Lookin for Brickin – Brickin Red Dawn), 11months with plenty of substance and bone. Good head, ear and eye. Excellent angulations and great on the move.
2. Barge & Hardwicke’s Baktwins Sun Seeker, D, (11/05/08, Br: Mrs B Watkins, Ch Titanium Columbus – Baktwins Morning Sun), 10 months and has yet to body up. However the basics of head and correct angulations are all there. A little more enthusiasm for the ring would not be amiss.
3. Bishop’s Bardash Diamond Smugler, D, (21/04/08, Br: Sue J Cooper, Ragus Diamond Thief – Troublesome Lady).
Junior Dog (4,1):
1. Chambers’ Rouletta The Diamond Geezer, D, (12/06/08, Br: Exh, Rouletta Havin A Good Thyme – Ragus Blue Diamond). Already giving an adult impression at 9 months. Well grown, plenty of bone and substance. Good head and expression. Moved well. BOS Puppy
2. Southwell’s Berty Way of Delosinga, D, (10/01/08, Br: J Sheppard, Ch Titanium Columbus – Luna Von Den Zwei Eichen Lasterean). Also a B/T but of a different type. Smaller and more compact than 1 but with good bone. Well proportioned and angulated he moved well. Will look even better with a little less coat
3. Lawson’s Softpaws Red Robin, D, (13/01/08, Br: Mrs D Smith, Ch Glenhafod Arizona – Softpaws Dehli Delight).
Novice Dog ( No entries)
Post Graduate Dog (2,1):
1. Kirkpatrick’s Tynallt Trouble Shooter, D, (10/04/07, Br: W Kirkpatrick, Titanium Conquistador – Tynallt Harem Scarum). Pleasing, compact dog, well angulated and moved well.
Limit Dog (4,1):
1. Mason’s Glenhafod Red Dragon, D, (13/09/07, Br: Exh, Ch Glenhafod Arizona – Scarlet Ribbons of Glenhafod). Compact wheaten dog well built and with excellent proportions. Good head and neck, excellent angulations well presented and moved really well. BOS
2. Crawley’s Ragus Sweet Talkin’ Guy, D, (23/11/07, Br: Exh, Kinsridge Caption – Ch Ragus True Romance). Slightly less compact than 1 but with good bone and substance. Moved well and was a happy show-ma
3. Kell’s Ragus Revelation, D, (12/06/06, Br: Mrs L Crawley, Ch/Sw Ch Ragus Up ‘N’ Adam – Ragus Devotion).
Open Dog (2,1):
1. Fraser’s Nepomuk Von Den Zwei Eichen at Saltarello(Imp Aut), D, (25/09/ 06, Br: Mrs L Ruck, Ch Ragus Black Tie – Ch Doro Von Den Zwei Eichen). Neatly constructed nice mover with a good B/T coat. A slightly smaller eye would have improved his expression.
Spec. Beginners Dog (3,0):
1. Ragus Revelation
2. Berty Way of Delosinga
3. Softpaws Red Robin
Veteran Dog (No entries)
Minor Puppy Bitch (4,0):
1. Corkhill’s Redash Crystal Clock, B, (12/09/08, Br: Exh, Ch Ragus Rings True – Redash Tide Clock). Lively 6 month old show girl with all the right bits in the right places. Moved well
2. Griffin’s Brenin Summer Gold with Burlmere, B, (20/07/08, Br: Mr & Mrs King, Ch Queslade Rebel Red – Kinsridge Magic Moment). 7 months. Good hard coat and correct angulations. Did not feel at home in the ring but showed quite well. With more self-confidence she could do well in the future.
3. Bell’s Dorinor Red Ember, B, (11/11/07, Br: Exh, Ch Queslade Rebel Red – Dorinor R’ U Reddy).
Res. Dent’s Amicaro Kiss On The Hand at Fizzella, B, (22/07/08, Br: P Kell, Ragus Ovation – Ragus Girls Best Friend).
Puppy Bitch ((6,2):
1. Stevenson’s Brickin Pretty In Pink, B, (06/04/08, Br: Exh, Ragus Hey Good Lookin for Brickin – Brickin Red Dawn). Managed to stand out in a very strong class. Good head, eye, and ear set. Compact construction angulations and coat, all excellent and a dream on the move BPIS
2. Chambers’ Rouletta Thyme For Diamonds, B, (12/06/08, Br: Exh, Rouletta Havin A Good Thyme – Ragus Blue Diamond). Diamonds Lovely B/T bitch, showing many of the qualities of her brother. At 9 months more bone than 3. Could perhaps be a touch deeper in chest. Moved well although not really in the show mood today.
3. Crawley’s Ragus Forever Amber, B, (12/05/08, Br: Exh, Ragus Ovation – Ragus Forever Yours).
Res. Watkins’ Baktwins Sunrise, B, (11/05/08, Br: Exh, Ch Titanium Columbus – Baktwins Morning Sun).
Junior Bitch ((3,0):
1. Bell’s Dorinor Red Ember, B, (11/11/07, Br: Exh, Ch Queslade Rebel Red – Dorinor R’ U Reddy). Compact bitch with excellent angulations and good depth of chest. Pleasing head and expression. Plenty of temperament and a good little mover.
2. Fraser’s Tasha von Den Zwei Eichen at Saltarello (imp Aut), B, (06/12/07, Br: Mrs L Ruck, Ragus True Grit – Ch Doro Von Den Zwei Eichen). A close contender to 1 with good coat, tail set and angulations.
3. Lazenby’s Ragus Diamonds Only, B, (23/10/07, Br: Mrs L Crawley, Kinsridge Caption – Ragus Fine Diamonds).
Novice Bitch ((2,0):
1. Watkins’ Baktwins Sunrise, B, (11/05/08, Br: Exh, Ch Titanium Columbus – Baktwins Morning Sun). Compact bitch with a lot of substance. This and her trim did not do anything for her neck.
2. Kell’s Amicaro Ring-A-Roses, B, (08/09/06, Br: Exh, Ch Ragus Rings True – Blackdale Red Rose (Imp Ire). In build a strong contrast to 1 without being an improvement. Definitely skittish today which meant her movement was difficult to assess.
Post Graduate Bitch ((5,0):
1. Thompson-Morgan’s Belleville Coconut Cream, B, (06/06/07, Br: Exh, Caterpillar von Rittersee (Imp Deu) – Ch Ragus Truly Cream at Belleville). Really lovely red bitch on all points. Well presented, moved like a dream BIS
2. Corkhill’s Redash Tikka Dansak, B, (14/01/07, Br: Exh, Ch Ragus Up ‘N’ Adam – Softpaws Special Tikka). Another really pleasing B/T but just a little longer in loin than 1. Excellent angulations and good on the move.
3. Barrell’s Barwest Beech Nut, B, (10/03/07, Br: Exh, Jaeva Cut & Dry – Tynallt Transfer to Barwest).
Res. Amicaro Ring-A-Roses.
Limit Bitch (3,1):
1. Needham’s Titanium Paint Your Wagon, B, (16/11/07, Br: Exh, Ch Titanium Columbus ShCM – Titanium Pawfect Angel). B/T bitch that can move and show really well when she wants. Good head and expression. Pleasing neck and compact body. Her good proportions will show up better with less coat. Excellent angulations. Res. BIS
2. James’ Alncarron Dawn Redwood, B, (09/03/06, Br: Mrs R Malone, Ch Ragus Solid Silver – Redash Caraway). Good looking red bitch but clearly less compact than 1. Angulations and movement didn’t let her down but today but her lack of enthusiasm perhaps didn’t bring out the best in her.
Open Bitch ((4,0):
1. Crawley’s Ragus Forever Yours, B, (07/11/06, Br: Exh, Ragus Diamond Thief – Ch Ragus Yours Truly). Very pleasing well presented red bitch. Compact and well proportioned. Her excellent movement confirmed the correctness of her construction.
2. Bell’s Dorinor Dizzy Lizzy, B, (28/04/05, Br: Exh, Ch Brickin Storming Norman – Sygar Siesta for Dorinor). Pocket Venus correct in every way. It was a close run thing but I preferred the front in 1 .
3. Corkhill’s Redash Time Goes By, B, (18/01/07, Br: Exh, Ragus Quiet Riot – Redash Timeless),
Spec. Beginners Bitch (3,1):
1. Ragus Diamonds Only
2. Wilson’s Brickin Dawnbreak, B, (01/09/06, Br: Mrs J R Stevenson, Caterpillar vom Rittersee (Imp Deu) – Ragus Fine Dawn for Brickin).
Veteran Bitch ((1,0):
1. Wilson’s Elve Forest Witch, B, (15/05/99, Br: Mr M. Crawley, Ch Elve The Viking – Elve Wizardess) At 10 years you’re allowed to have a bit of weight and coat masking your nice neck! A compliment for the mouth with correct, clean and shiny teeth. Moved well and showed the right temperament. BVIS